Every have a moment when you just want things to slow down for 5 seconds so you can think and process? What about when you have days like that? Weeks? Months? Years? Do you ever learn to slow down again?
Sometimes, I wonder how I can times when I am so still before God and others when I'm lucky to find 5 seconds where my mind might be quiet enough to hear his voice. How do you relearn how to capture these quiet moments?
I'm not saying it's about fitting God into a time slot and make an appointment. For me, I have to spend a little time just lying in my bed every morning in quiet stillness. It helps focus me for the day. I have found that I am able to accomplish my goals for the day if I have a Christ-centered focus. When I miss those times (sort of like this morning), I have to carve out a time somewhere else in the day to refocus.
Am I the only one who gets like this?
No comments:
Post a Comment