This year has been amazing! What can I say!? Life has been good, friends have been made, and memories will be cherished. So much has happened.
Hmmm…Let’s start at fall. I made a wonderful friend in Scott, who I will always cherish as a friend. We started hanging out and going to football games together. He is a great friend, and to think I almost lost him!
Speaking of football! Who could ask for a better season than a senior?! What a turn around from the Orgeron days!! Every game was more exciting than the next! It made me truly proud to be a Rebel.
And who could forget the weekend everyone wanted to be an Ole Miss Rebel? September 26, 2008 will be a day I will always remember! I have been an avid follower of politics my entire life. Well, at least as far back as I can HONESTLY remember! To be on campus while Ole Miss hosted its first PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE was fabulous!! Watching it in the Grove was even more spectacular! Getting to volunteer for it…well words just can’t describe!! And then to turn around the next day and beat Florida in the Swamp! Man, that was an amazing weekend!
In fact, I don’t think there was honestly a bad football weekend! Sure, we had our ups and downs, but we also had a new coach, feeling out the conference from a different perspective. And who could forget the Cotton Bowl!!! Almost, ALMOST better than beating Florida. Of course, that was until Florida went on to win the National Championship only losing to us! :D
Of course, college isn’t all about football…there’s some learning to be done too, as Dad would say. And learn I did—a whole 19 credit hours worth this semester alone! Saturday I will graduate with a Bachelor’s of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences. After that, I’m half to being a pharmacist! Oh how I can’t wait!!!
This year was an amazing year of spiritual growth for me. I came 180 degrees from where I was this time last year. My life has been blessed by so many amazing people that I hate to leave this place! But I know more blessings await me as I follow in God’s will—and right now, it honestly feels like I’m there!
Now this year wasn’t all cherries and roses ! It had its downs, but the downs were what made it phenomenal. I tried my hand at a new relationship that didn’t pan out quite like I expected, but hey, we’re still friends! I also broke ties with several friends who I regret doing it, but I’m better for having done it! I tried for an impossible internship and didn’t get it. But, I didn’t even expect to get an interview and I am proud to have even gotten that far along in the process.
Life has taken some interesting turns this year. School was harder than it's ever been, and that being said it only gets harder next year. But I'm grateful to be moving to a place where I already am slightly familiar with...even if it is only knowing where the best malls are located ;) There will be plenty of friends and plenty of new memories to make. My classmates and I have already started planning fall's Grey's premiere.
So what’s down the road? What comes after graduation? I’m reminded of a favorite Bible verse in Esther. God spoke to me a lot about the next phase in my life through this verse. It’s Esther 4:14—“But, who knows?”. Only God knows what is coming next in my life, and I couldn’t be happier knowing that. God is going to take care of me, no matter what!
A few prayer requests while signing off--I'm in the process of looking for a job, just a small something to save up some money for furniture. Also, I need to find a church next year. Several people have mentioned one church in particular, but I'm not going to mention the name of this church til I get down there and check it out myself. Hopefully this summer will be interesting and I'll post more often.
Signing off!
No comments:
Post a Comment