Thursday--CHARLOTTE HERE I COME!!!
I boarded a plane out of Memphis heading directly to Charlotte, North Carolina (a.k.a. the Mecca for NASCAR fans). I was so excited! This was my first trip almost completely by myself. I had loose plans to meet up with some friends I would talk to online, but nothing was firm or in stone!
I landed in Charlotte and couldn't figure out how to get to my rental car. NOT GOOD! How many rental companies don't have a way to get in touch with the shuttle once you land?! After finally asking two airport employees, I finally found out how to get the shuttle and head to the rental place. I got my car--a crappy Nissan Versa--and off I went to my hotel. Now this car was awful!!! It would miss gears and sounded sickly. So much for getting that free upgrade to a Mustang like my last trip. :)
I got to the hotel and the trip immediately went from "What have I gotten myself into?" to "This is going to be a blast!!!" First sight I see, a bunch of guys in camping chairs drinking around a cooler out on the lawn of the hotel. It was so funny that I couldn't help but laugh and name it 'hotel-gating".
The lady at the front desk--Tonia--was so super nice. She was patient with me while I dug my ID and credit cards out of my way too large purse. Then she gave me a long list of race weekend fun that the hotel was hosting. A race party by the pool, manager's reception--oh and there's a race bag filled with goodies in your room! WAIT WHAT?!
That afternoon I went shopping at Concord Mills and Ikea. WOW!!! SHOPPING MECCA!!! It was HUGE!!!
That night I went to eat at Carrabas for the first time. Sat at the bar looking into the kitchen. It was so cool!
Headed to the hotel and watched the VP Debate. Made plans to meet up with Lori and Jeff the next morning to go to JGR Fan Fest.
(To be continued...)
That afternoon I went shopping at Concord Mills and Ikea. WOW!!! SHOPPING MECCA!!! It was HUGE!!!
That night I went to eat at Carrabas for the first time. Sat at the bar looking into the kitchen. It was so cool!
Headed to the hotel and watched the VP Debate. Made plans to meet up with Lori and Jeff the next morning to go to JGR Fan Fest.
(To be continued...)




No comments:
Post a Comment