Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mommy...WOW!

I can't help but hum the old "Pull-UPs" commercial every few minutes these days.  Why you might ask?  As the song says "I'm a big girl now!" (Hence, the title of this post.)



That's right.  I have moved into my first "big girl" place--a place that is 100% truly mine for which I am responsible.  I'll post pictures as soon as I get it settled, but let me give you an idea of the amount of space that Dixie and I have to ourselves.  I have a living room and kitchen area that is about as long as the pharmacy filling area in my Walgreens.  In fact, I think I could fit my entire last apartment in this area.  My master bedroom has two closets--one of which is entirely empty.  I have a enormous laundry "closet".  Right now, the second bedroom is being used to hold boxes I have yet to unpack.  The living room swallows my

My kitchen is completely void of food, so I have to make my first shopping trip to stock up tomorrow.  Suggestions on how to stock up without going broke would be greatly appreciated.  I know meal planning is the most efficient, but I don't have all of my cook books unpacked yet.  In fact, I would prefer someone to do all this for me.

While I am getting ready for my boards, this place will stay mostly un-decorated and slightly unorganized. However, I am loving my new comforter set.  Dixie is enjoying it too.  Here she is in Monday storms curled up (and poor thing...scared to death!)


That's all for now.  Maybe I will update after my shopping "adventure" tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. TWO closets in ONE bedroom??? Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! TWO closets!!! I have 3 closets all to myself! :)

      Delete